spammers

Please take the time to pen a fast few lines about yourself so that others can know what a great guy/girl you really are!

spammers

Postby Admin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:06 am

Well fellow Bulleteers, this last weekend was a record for spammers trying to join this elite group, 25 from Friday to Monday, mostly coming from the same IP address .
Need less to say they have all been denied access and deleted, but I expect we will see them try again,

We welcome genuine Bulleteers to this forum, the more diverse and interesting it will become, but spammers are not!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: spammers

Postby Tiny Tim » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm

and I thought you liked Spam? :D
Tempus Fugit Cum Ludens
Tiny Tim

Postby VIKTOR » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:51 pm

I`ve been flooded with spam since i went on a price comparison website.I decided to fight back :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: .I looked for uk companies these people were trying to sell me products from er legal and general anglian windows etc.Rang up the companies laid it on thick about privacy and their association with shite canvassers like this.Waiting for a result.They sounded pissed off,especially when i mentioned the press.The other one with such as "navajo hearing remedies " etc.I contacted their customer services department pretending i wanted to buy.Got a grovelling apology from the privacy people.We will see.I`ts good to let off steam with eloquent "civilised" profanities ie swearing but in a non rude way,if you follow.I got one e mail in chinese-so i went on google translate and translated f-- off you dork i`m english in chinese (he must have understood mandarin profanities).It`s gone dead. Waiting for results.For the others.VIKTOR :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
VIKTOR

Postby Tiny Tim » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:37 am

Hi Viktor,

What you describe is more likely to be as a result of cookies. i.e. if you search "Dog Food" and make a few enquiry clicks, your interest is recorded and you find you become inundated with associated products.

Spam is when your system is accessed and your system is corrupted. Most cases, your email is accessed and all of your contacts receive an email, supposedly from you, inviting them to click on a seemingly innocent link which then takes control of their system and so ad infinitum.

The attempts to join forums is generally to try and access emails of members and continue as per paragraph two above.
Tempus Fugit Cum Ludens
Tiny Tim

Return to New Member Introduction